Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Restaurant Week

 Dress: Velvet Dress with Floral Embroidery by Kaktus (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Me Too, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Moon Necklace: Babil & Bijou (former etsy shop)
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Boho, velvet, embroidery, dramatic bell sleeves...yes, please! If this had been a fit & flare...it would have become a permanent resident of my closet. Luscious substantial velvet was so cozy...great fit & length for me. I delighted in wearing this lovely dress even though shift dresses are not "flattering" on me or a shape I typically am drawn to. 
I wore this dress to work (when these photos were taken) & out to dinner with Kate...where I wore this dress with knee high black boots...which I liked better...but you'll have to picture that in your mind. 
These colors were my comfort zone before GB...black & earth tones...back when I only wore brown eyeliner. 
My makeup with this outfit included...Roach eyeliner from Urban Decay; Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadow in Pyramid, Obsidian, & Eternal; NYX Liquid Suede Lipstick in Bella; Winterberry lipstick by Bite Beauty; & A England nail polish in Holy Grail. 
Kate & I decided to check out a new restaurant, Jardin, for restaurant week. It was one of the few places that had a selection in every course that was within her dietary needs (a vegan who eats fish). All my food was delicious & I will most certainly go back. The mac & cheese was yum, but the winner of the evening for me was the Filipino Ceviche. 
After dinner I went to Ulta because they keep sending me 20% off deals. I came home with...a lot of lipstick. The Anastasia palette & Urban Decay lipsticks were already on sale, plus another 20%...how could I say no to that?! 

January's Play! box & OMG! that marvelous coat that a chick on Curvy Sewing Collective made...I need to check out that pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment